Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We Are Here!

Hello. I'm Nancy. Welcome to my blog. When Jackie first proposed that the staff take turns blogging for Theatre Charlotte, she sent out a schedule of who would post when. My contribution was described as "Nancy's Office Rantings." Rant? Moi? I simply could not imagine what I would "rant" about, as I am a person of refined and gentle good humor who does not have a discouraging word for another soul. Even-tempered and sweet as I am, I'll admit that from time to time things happen around here that could be described as "inexplicable" or even "irksome."

For instance, the other day a lady called in and yelled at me -- hollered! -- that she "HAD ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF GETTING IN TOUCH WITH US!"

"Why, whatever do you mean?", I said, sweetly.

She asked when the theatre had moved. I told her that we hadn't and that Theatre Charlotte had in fact been here at 501 Queens Road since the Mayflower, more or less. "WELL, WHEN DID YOU CHANGE YOUR PHONE NUMBER??" I assured her that our phone number had not changed. It is true that about a year ago we dropped a secondary line in an effort to cut costs, but the main office number has always been 704-376-3777. I believe this number was issued to us by Alexander Graham Bell himself.

I think it is important to note that we can also be found online at our website, theatrecharlotte.org, and the websites of carolinatix, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, and the Arts & Science Council. A quick check will most likely show our presence on Facebook, MySpace, FacePlace, Twitter, Chatter, Yammer, Blather, Google and Bing. Also the phone book, pages both yellow and white.

In the words of Dr. Seuss's Whos on their clover, "We are here, we are here, we are here!" Right where we've always been. So call us. Come on in. Come see our shows! You know where to find us!

1 comment: